Vacancy Opportunity – Fundraising Intern
We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive and friendly self-starter to play an essential role in our small fundraising team. Your role will include assisting the Fundraising Team with setting up a crowdfunding campaign as well as any administrational duties.
Closing date: 25th September 2017
Salary: £18,000 pro rata
Term of appointment: The role is offered on an initial 6 month internship in the charity’s office in Brentford, London, TW8 8JA.
Working hours: 9am-5.30pm Monday – Friday.
This is a varied role for a motivated and target-driven self-starter. Your role will include assisting the Fundraising Team with setting up a crowdfunding campaign as well as any administrational duties.
- Research crowdfunding platforms and campaigns
- Draft strategy and timeline and put together a budget
- Develop and deliver crowdfunding campaign with an income target of £50,000
- Organise events to drive funders to the campaign
- Create compelling promotional material for social media and our website
- Secure marketing and promotional opportunities for the campaign
- General office duties
- Ad-hoc projects as required to support the fundraising team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ideally, experience of working with and/or managing a crowdfunding campaign
- Excellent writing, editing and pro-active skills
- Excellent social media and MS Office skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook
The Intern should be outgoing, friendly and have a proactive character, be comfortable working in a group as well as using their own initiative. We are looking for someone with genuine interests in international development and business development.
This is a fantastic learning and development opportunity, whilst at the same time helping to alleviate poverty and gender equality in Sub-Saharan Africa. We are an enthusiastic and fun team, and if you would like to make a real difference to women’s rights we would love to hear from you.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and supporting statement (no more than two sides of A4) to Malin Rosenkvist, Head of Philanthropy at firstname.lastname@example.org