Role: Corporate Leads & Trust & Foundations Research Intern
Reports to: Head of Philanthropy & Communications
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £18,000 pro rata
Term of appointment: 6-month contract, start date asap
Benefits: 25 days annual leave (pro rata)
MicroLoan Foundation helps some of the poorest women in the world feed their families, send their children to school and pay for life saving medicines. We are a very different kind of charity, offering hope, not handouts. By providing small loans and ongoing business training and support, MicroLoan empowers women in rural Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe to set up self-sustainable businesses. The profits from these businesses enable the women to lift themselves and their families out of poverty. The charity has significant plans for growth in both existing and new countries.
This is a varied role for a motivated and target-driven self-starter. Your role will consist of growing our fundraising outreach. We want someone to join the team to expand our corporate partnerships, and Trust and Foundations support. The role is offered on an initial 6 month internship in the charity’s office in Brentford, London, TW8 8JA. Working hours: 9am-5.30pm Monday – Friday.
- Identify pipeline of prospective corporate donors and grant-giving trusts & foundations using various sources of online information.
- Desk based research into CSR, corporate foundations and charity engagement opportunities.
- Identify and connect with SMEs for corporate giving campaign – collate target list for corporate email campaign.
- Secure marketing and promotional opportunities for corporate fundraising campaign – connect with suitable membership
- Extract and capture key information in our database to inform cultivation and application strategies.
- Provide support in writing funding proposals and reports.
- General fundraising duties and events support
- General office duties
The successful applicant should:
The successful intern will have outstanding writing and communication skills, and a genuine interest in international development issues, in particular related to poverty and gender inequality in Africa. You will be comfortable working in a small team and dealing with people of different levels of seniority. You will be enthusiastic about the opportunity to take ownership of your own portfolio. We are looking for a self-motivated person who is driven by results and is capable of handling multiple priorities simultaneously. The Intern should be outgoing, forward thinking and have a proactive character, be comfortable working in a group as well as using their own initiative.
The successful applicant should:
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Be pro-active and show initiative
- Possess effective time management and planning skills to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Have experience of retrieving, collating and analysing information from various sources
- Ideally be experienced in working with and/or managing databases
- Possess some prior experience preparing funding proposals and/or writing reports
- Have excellent MS Office skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook
The Intern should be outgoing, forward thinking and have a proactive character, be comfortable making pitches and working in a group as well as using their own initiative. We are looking for someone with genuine interests in international development and business development.
This is a fantastic learning and development opportunity, whilst at the same time helping to alleviate poverty and gender equality in Sub-Saharan Africa. We are an enthusiastic and fun team, and if you would like to make a real difference to women’s rights we would love to hear from you. You can view a downloaded PDF version of the job description here.
- Please send a CV and supporting statement (maximum two sides of A4) to Laliesha Ali, Fundraising & Communications Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date 11th July 4pm.
Please note: You will be notified only if you are shortlisted for an interview, and suitable candidates may be interviewed before the closing date.