Reports to: Group Finance Manager
Hours: 15 hours per week (3 hours per day – with some flexibility)
Salary: £25,000 per annum (pro rata)
Term of appointment: Permanent
Benefits: 25 days annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays plus generous contributory pension scheme
Application deadline: Monday 10th April, 11am. Early applications encouraged
Responsibility for the UK bookkeeping function and providing general office administration and IT support to the Head Office team based in Brentford. The main purpose of the role is to keep an official track of the charity’s income and expenditure so we have an accurate audit trail of all activity. You will also assist the UK Fundraising team with support and maintenance of the fundraising database and other activities. In addition you may support and deliver other charity projects and tasks, in line with your skills and experience that might occur beyond your role and that contribute to our overall organisational objectives.
An experienced bookkeeper, preferably from a charity background who can multi-task and work under limited supervision at times. This is a key role in a small team, working with colleagues in the UK and in Africa, so you must have clear and confident communication skills and be comfortable dealing with a wide variety of people. You must show integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality as well as be flexible and adaptable to deal with changing demands of the job.
- Process the day-to-day financial transactions of the charity in Sage – supplier invoices & payments, fundraising income and all bank account entries.
- Sourcing and reporting daily cash balances from online banking platforms.
- Setup online bank payments.
- Complete all bank account reconciliations.
- Dealing with general financial paperwork, invoices, receipts, bank statements etc and filing.
- Complete and submit Gift Aid claims on a monthly basis.
- Obtain quotes and manage the internal Forex transactions / transfers.
- Reconcile fundraising income with the accounting records monthly.
- Assist the Group Finance Manager with reporting.
Knowledge, experience & skills
- Confident with Excel and WORD.
- Proven administration experience in a small office environment.
- Use of SAGE accounting software.
- Proven book keeping experience including: multiple bank reconciliations, accrual and prepayment accounting, purchase ledger, supplier reconciliations and treasury transactions.
- Good organisation and planning skills.
- Attention to detail, numeracy and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Clear demonstration of having shown initiative and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- You will be enthusiastic, creative and highly organised.
- Essentially good fun to work with an ability to relate to and work with people at all levels.
- Relate strongly to the vision and ideals of the charity.
- Part or full qualified AAT/ACMA/ACCA. Qualified by experience will be considered.
- Experience in a similar environment.
- Gift Aid reporting to HMRC.
- An understanding and working knowledge of restricted and unrestricted funding.
- Foreign currency transactions.
- SAGE payroll.
- Use of fundraising databases.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Ryan, Group Finance Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday 10th April.