Vacancy Opportunity – Trusts & Foundations Officer
We have an exciting opportunity for a a proactive and friendly self-starter to play an essential role in our small fundraising team, managing a portfolio of smaller trusts and foundations. Based in MicroLoan’s Head Office in the UK, the Trusts & Foundations Officer will be part of the Fundraising and Communications team with an income target of £1million.
Closing date: 16th July
Salary: £23,000 – 27,000 (depending on experience)
Term of appointment: Permanent
Reporting to: Head of Trusts and Foundations
Working in a small yet successful Trusts & Foundations team, you will own a portfolio of smaller trusts and foundations with responsibility for building relationships with and securing income from these, as well as developing a strong pipeline of new potential donors. Our portfolio is large and diverse and includes family and corporate trust as well as government institutions from the UK, the US, the EU and the African countries we work in. You will have the opportunity to support on more complicated high value bids to gain experience of strategic partnerships.
Through developing and maintaining positive and constructive working relationships with key colleagues in the operations teams, you will gain an in-depth understanding of planned and existing programmes of work and translate them into compelling cases for support. You will be responsible for the recruitment and day-to-day management of volunteers, and at times you may be called upon to assist your fundraising colleagues and represent the charity at special events (typically during evening or weekend hours).
- Ensuring continued income from existing Trusts & Foundations, with a view to increase the level of giving where appropriate
- Ensuring the highest standard of donor care, i.e. timely submissions of donor reports and responding to donor queries
- Ensuring existing funding applications are regularly reviewed and kept up to date, and new applications are well researched and of high quality
- Ensuring any resources developed are shared with the wider fundraising team
- Ensuring key information on existing and potential donors is accurate and up to date
- Ensuring the pipeline of new potential donors is replenished continuously, and securing income from new donors
- Ensuring the team is supported by capable and motivated volunteers
- Ensuring systems and databases are maintained and in-sync to enable analysis of the team’s performance
The successful Trusts & Foundations Officer will have a proven track record of securing income from Trusts, Foundations and Institutions, have outstanding writing and communication skills, and a passion for international development issues, in particular related to poverty and inequality in Africa. You will be used to working in a small team and dealing with people of different levels of seniority. You will be enthusiastic about the opportunity to work independently and take ownership of your portfolio. We are looking for a self-motivated person who is driven by results and is capable of handling multiple priorities simultaneously. You will bring energy and enthusiasm to the role and will be able to hit the ground running.
Knowledge, experience & skills
- Results driven with a track record of successfully securing four and five figure grants
- At least one year’s experience of trusts and foundations fundraising, both in account management as well as new business development
- Experience in writing engaging and persuasive proposals
- Strong research skills, with the ability to draw key information on prospects from a variety of resources
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills, excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, yet be a team player
- Ability to juggle a number of assignments at the same time, to plan ahead to meet application and report deadlines, to organise a busy workload and to prioritise tasks
- Calm under pressure, flexible and adaptable
- Good data analysis skills
- Solid IT skills including fundraising databases (eTapestry or other), Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience of working with and managing volunteers
- Experience of working in international development organisations
- Experience of organising cultivation events
If you wish to apply for the role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter (including salary expectations) on no more than two sides of A4 clearly outlining your experience and suitability for the role, as well as your motivation to work for MicroLoan Foundation.
If you are shortlisted for an interview you will be notified after the closing date.