Fundraising research volunteer
MicroLoan Foundation is looking for a long-term volunteer who is passionate and determined to make a difference. This volunteer position will provide an invaluable opportunity to gain essential skills and experience in key aspects of strategic fundraising for an international development organisation. The role is focussed on prospect research of grant-making organisations and project proposal development.
The Fundraising Research volunteer will be part of the Fundraising and Communications team. This is an opportunity for a proactive and friendly self-starter to play an important supporting role in the organisation. Your working hours are flexible. We ask for a minimum time commitment of 8 hours week. We also ask for a minimum commitment of 6 months and ideally longer.
This is a role for an organised self-starter with a passion for international development. Working in a small fundraising team you will be helping to replenish the pipeline of prospective grant-giving trusts and foundations. You will achieve this by researching prospects from monthly lists of trusts. You will receive training on how to write grant proposals, ensuring any applications made are appropriate and speaks to the values of the potential donor.
- Provide support for the preparation of funding proposals
- Review details of registered trusts and foundations in the UK and Europe
- Review details of trusts and foundations registered in the USA
- Identify suitable prospective new grant-giving trusts and foundations for funding approaches against a set of key criteria
- Extract and capture key information to inform cultivation and application strategies
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Strong research skills with an ability to present information clearly and concisely
- Excellent attention to detail and a pro-active approach
- Excellent writing skills
- Has the ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, and the ability to prioritise and use own initiative
- Excellent MS Office skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- An active interest in gender equality, international development, and fundraising
- Fundraising experience an advantage, though not a requirement
Location: Homebased and visits to 32 Blackfriars Rd, South Bank, London SE1 8PB
Department: Fundraising Team
Reporting to: Trusts & Foundations Manager
Hours: Flexible hours, minimum 8 hours per week
Salary: expenses only up to £7.50/day
How to apply: Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org