Walking in Marianne’s Footsteps
Join us for a fun filled family day in Richmond Park to support MicroLoan Foundation
What: 5km or 10km walk
Where: Richmond Park
When: Sunday 18th June 2017, 10:00 – 12:30
Entry fee: £25 (children under the age of 15 go free)
Last year we had over 200 walkers and raised over £8000; let’s see if we can beat that this year!
Here are just a few ways you can fundraise for Marianne’s Footsteps:
- Get creative – make something and sell your works of art for charity
- Can’t start a day without your Starbucks? Give up your treats for a week or a month and donate the saving
- Throw a bake sale at work or school
- Do good deeds, dog walking, lawn mowing, babysitting, car washing
- Organise a book sale and sell your unwanted books
- Sell your pre-loved clothes and shoes on eBay
- Challenge yourself and get sponsored by friends and family to walk in Marianne’s footsteps, here are a few ideas on how to make it a real challenge
– If you want to truly walk in Marianne’s footsteps then why not try and balance sticks or a bucket of water on your head for the walk
– Make the race 3-legged and challenge yourself and a friend
To fundraise for MicroLoan Foundation all you need to do is to ask your friends and family to make a donation by clicking here. If you want to keep track of how much you have raised you can just set up your own page linked to MicroLoan Foundation’s BT MyDonate page.
Please arrive at 9.45am to check-in and meet all the other supporters. Don’t forget to keep your ticket handy, either in the Eventbrite app or print it out and bring with you.
Please note that there will not be bag drop offs at this event, so come with what you can carry.
We’ll be providing you with a Chitenge (African batik wrap) with every registration and will be asking everyone to wear them on the day to promote solidarity with the women we work with.
Please share your journey by using the hashtag #walkinherfootsteps