MicroLoan Foundation is a microfinance charity working in Malawi and Zambia providing microfinance and training to groups of rural women, helping them to start small businesses and work their way out of poverty.
We are looking for an intelligent and energetic volunteer to work with our local team on supporting our Lend with Care (www.lendwithcare.org/) and Kiva (www.kiva.org/) partnerships. Based in Malawi and reporting to the Operations Manager, this is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate to gain some varied field experience in the day to day programmes function of an international charity.
- Review and streamline the processes and procedures around our LendwithCare and Kiva partnership.
- Travel to different branches to monitor the processes
- Ensure monthly targets are achieved
- Design check procedures to ensure quality of the information reported
- Train and support HO staff
- Ensure consistency of practices across MLF countries
The following skills and experience are essential to the role
- Educated to degree level
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Demonstrable use of initiative
- Pro-active and team player
- Ability to work with a wide range of people
- Experience in project management
- Strong IT skills
The following skills and experience are desirable
- Interest in international development issues
- Experience in living in a developing country
- Knowledge/experience of microfinance
The successful candidate will be able to commit to this role for a period of at least 6 months based in Malawi. Travel and accommodation cost will be covered.
MICROLOAN FOUNDATION’S VALUES
Far-reaching: Many women are stuck in poverty, struggling to support themselves and their families – we find and help them so they can build a sustainable life, irrespective of background and belief.
Attentive: We respect and listen to all, especially the individuals we help, they know what they need.
Small: We discover the point where a small intervention can make the biggest impact – we can take a chance with someone if it is small.
Consistent: We do what is right with conviction, sensitivity, enthusiasm and inventiveness.
Open: We are open and honest about success and failure, use time and funds effectively, value teamwork and accept there is always a better way.
Closing date: 16th October Interviews: 19th – 23rd October
Start date: As soon as possible
For more information or to submit your cover letter and CV please contact firstname.lastname@example.org